Internal Complaint Committee
We believe that the principles of justice, humanity and dignity should be dispensed irrespective of caste, creed, social status and gender of a person. Therefore, to keep the ethos of this institution the Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) was established in August 2016 as per the instructions of National Commission for Women and also the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment. The ICC is formed as per the directives issued by Maharashtra State Commission for women (MSCW) and University Grants Commission (UGC).
Information regarding the Act, Rules and functions of ICC are as given below as downloadable pdfs.
||Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act and Rule 2013
||Handbook on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
Procedure for filing a Complaint with ICC Govindrao Warjukar Arts & Commerce College, Nagbhid
- Complaints regarding Sexual Harassment must be made in written (legible handwriting) or typed on paper.
- Nature of the complaint should be clearly stated in detail with dates and locations.
- As per stipulation of The Act the aggrieved person can make the written complaint of sexual harassment at workplace within a period of three months from the date of incident and in case of a series of incidents, within a period of three months from the date of last incident.
- The complaint must be in no case anonymous and the aggrieved person’s name and address should be legible.
- As per the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Rules, 2013, in case the aggrieved woman is unable to make a complaint on account of her physical incapacity, a complaint may be filed inter alia by her relative or friend or her co-worker or an officer of the National Commission for Woman or State Women’s Commission or any person who has knowledge of the incident, with the written consent of the aggrieved woman.
- The written complaint should be handed over to any internal member of the ICC- STC.
Composition of Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
Govindrao Warjukar Arts & Commerce College, Nagbhid
||Role in ICC
||Dr. Ms.Nikita U. Mishra,
(Assistant Professor, Department of English)
| Presiding officer
||Dr. Mrs.Vishkha N. Kayande
(Assistant Professor, Department of Home Economics)
(Asst. Chairperson to act as Chairperson in case of absence of the above)
||Smt. Puja A. Kore
|Member (From amongst employees committed to the cause of women/ having legal knowledge/experience in social work)
||Adv. Mrs. Kirti Karkade
||Member (From amongst NGO/associations committed to the cause of women or a person familiar with the issue of Sexual Harassment)
Working of Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) Govindrao Warjukar Arts & Commerce College, Nagbhid, will be as per guidelines issued.
- All complaints will be dealt with confidentially.
- Only matters pertaining to sexual harassment and/or discrimination of staff and students will be under the jurisdiction of ICC.
- Other conflicts and grievances if any should be submitted to the respective Grievance Redressal Cells (either for Staff or Students) or to the Discipline Committee.
- All students and staff are bound to obey the rules specified in the College Manual and any complaint regarding the same is not under the purview of the ICC